cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

/copy_reference/save returns [409] no_write_permission

/copy_reference/save returns [409] no_write_permission

sarshavs
Explorer | Level 3

Im using account with space team configuration and trying to move file from team folder to home folder and get that response: 

[409] {'.tag': 'path', 'path': {'.tag': 'no_write_permission'}}

Im sending the request with that headers:
'Authorization': '<some token>', 'Dropbox-Api-Path-Root': '{".tag": "root", "root": "<root number>"}', 'Content-Type': 'application/json', 'Dropbox-API-Select-User': 'dbmid:AADj5RHxqhbhUvP8RdOCCz0G-z1qoA'}

the user is admin.

My app have all team permission

I need to continue use user endpoints and not business endpoint, is there is a way to overcome this issue?

Also in what way i can identify if account is using team space configuration using user endpoints?

And do we have option to set the path to be root for all my requests without each time passing the root number? - for it im sending another request for get_current_account and its little tedious.  

Thanks alot 🙂

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Regarding the 'no_write_permission' error, I suggest opening an API ticket with the full details of the API call you're making so we can look into that more specifically for you. Please redact just the access token.

Yes, you can use the /2/users/features/get_values user endpoint to check which features a particular account currently has. Please refer to the Team Files Guide and this blog post for more information.

And no, it's not possible to configure a different default root, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?