cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bring back long term access tokens...

bring back long term access tokens...

marcus27
Explorer | Level 3

I am fairly new to dropbox and I find it amazing for manging videos etc. 
I have a client that uses dropbox and wants to continue to do so (don't blame them) but the learning curve in the API for uploading/downloading videos is huge. 
I was able to use the Short Lived access code to upload videos pretty easily, but at the time didn't realise that sl. meant 4 hours... which from an application point of view is useless.

I don't understand why dropbox can't provide a "Long Term" access token that works similar to the Short Lived access token. 
They way it is now is a pain for a developer trying to support a specific dropbox customer enable an app designed for that customer alone.

If there does have to be this "refresh token" to regen a new access token every 4 hours, allow the customer to just see the "refresh token" on their app page under their App Key and Secret Key.... 
Why can't the customer just see their refresh token for the app in that screen in the same way they can see their secret key? 
Seems like a "ops, didn't think of it from the customers point of view"... 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback! I'm sending this along to the team.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?