cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: behavior on user's email address updates

behavior on user's email address updates

tsumit g.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hello! I have a few questions on updating a member's email address.

1. A new user is created. The user is in invited state and the email invite is received on email address X. Now, before the user could accept the invitation, if their email address has been updated to Y, will there be a new invite sent to Y? What happens to the previous invite sent to X? Will it be invalidated?

2. A new user is created. The user is in invited state and the email invite is received on email address X. The user has accepted the invitation and joined the team. Now, if their email address has been updated to Y, will there be a new invite sent to Y?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. You're not supposed to be able to update the email address for a pending (invited) user, so I can't promise a behavior here. We're looking into this issue per your other forum thread though.

2. No, since the user has already joined, there won't be another invitation sent for them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

1. You're not supposed to be able to update the email address for a pending (invited) user, so I can't promise a behavior here. We're looking into this issue per your other forum thread though.

2. No, since the user has already joined, there won't be another invitation sent for them.

tsumit g.
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Thank you! For the case 2, should the user now be able to use only the new email address as their user login?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Yes, the user would use whichever email address is currently registered to their account to sign in.
Need more support?