cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

app without permission for contact into

app without permission for contact into

randohuman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

We want our app to just have read/write permission to the app folder for backing up some important data for our app users. We don't care to know personal information like username, email and location of the user but it seems like we cannot unselect the account_info.read permission forcing us to have access to personal information. Am I missing something? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

randohuman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Solved. While the dashboard does force the account_info.read permission, I was able to use the the scope parameter of the oauth2 authorization code flow to request the subset of permissions that we really need   

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

randohuman
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Solved. While the dashboard does force the account_info.read permission, I was able to use the the scope parameter of the oauth2 authorization code flow to request the subset of permissions that we really need   

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for following up. I'm glad to hear you already sorted this out. Yes, that's correct, while the account_info.read scope is the default/required scope for user-linked app registrations, it is not technically required for authorizations. As you found, you do not need to request it when having users connect to your app; you can request a subset of scopes without it.

For anyone else looking to do the same, refer to the documentation for the "scope" parameter on the /oauth2/authorize page.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    randohuman New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?