cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why root_folder_id property is not available in the TeamMemberProfile ts type?

Why root_folder_id property is not available in the TeamMemberProfile ts type?

athithan
Helpful | Level 5

I am currently working with the Dropbox API, specifically using the https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/team/members/list_v2 endpoint as documented.

According to the official documentation, the TeamMemberProfile object should include a root_folder_id property. However, while implementing this in TypeScript using the official Dropbox SDK, I noticed that the TeamMemberProfile type does not have the root_folder_id property. This is causing type errors when I try to destructure and use this property, as TypeScript complains about its absence.

Here's a brief outline of the issue:

• API Documentation: Indicates root_folder_id is a non-optional property in TeamMemberProfile.
  • Dropbox SDK TypeScript Definitions: The TeamMemberProfile type does not include root_folder_id.

I wanted to ask if anyone else has encountered this issue, and how they have resolved it. Is there an updated type definition that I should be using, or is this an oversight in the SDK?

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@athithan wrote:

... is this an oversight in the SDK?

It is, definitely! You can update it by hand, yourself (till official update least).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@athithan That's correct, the SDK hasn't been updated to include that property yet. I'll ask the team to update it, but I can't guarantee a timeline for that.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?