cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing folders with write permission using the API (My dropbox App)

Sharing folders with write permission using the API (My dropbox App)

tikuil
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I'm using a business account, I want the ability to create a folder and share it with maximum access to all members of the team And doing so with the API.
2 methods I tried:
1) I tried first to share folder with others (read-only)  with the API , but afterwards i can't change the permission.

2) I created a shared folder with the team (full access), works

But I can't set the application root folder to this location.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you want to use the Dropbox API to share a folder with write/edit access, you should use the /2/sharing/share_folder endpoint to first make the folder a shared folder, if it isn't already. Then, you can add members with the desired access level (i.e., 'editor' in this case) using /2/sharing/add_folder_member.

By the way, those are links to the documentation for the HTTPS endpoints themselves, but we recommend using one of the official SDKs if possible. Those have corresponding native methods for the HTTPS endpoints. 

If something isn't working as expected, I'll be happy to help, but I'd need some more information. In that case, please reply with:

• the name and version number of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any
  • the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s)
  • the full text of any error or unexpected output
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?