cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Link Error 500

Shared Link Error 500

b_brown
Explorer | Level 3

Same conditions, but I am receiving a 500 error. Is solution the same?

8 Replies 8

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@b_brown Since you're getting a different error code, this would likely be a different issue and the solution may also be different. I've split your message out to its own thread accordingly. So that we can make sure to check on what you're seeing specifically, can you share several 'X-Dropbox-Request-Id' response header values for these errors you're seeing? Thanks in advance!

b_brown
Explorer | Level 3
Thanks @Greg-DB. I am using the Dropbox for Python library. No issues with the legacy links, but new ones are throwing 500 error with no other description.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@b_brown If you're using the Dropbox Python SDK, the request ID should be shown when printing out the InternalServerError. Can you share a few samples of that so we can check on that for you? Thanks!

b_brown
Explorer | Level 3

dropbox.exceptions.InternalServerError: InternalServerError('b3c6ea369eae48d1b6c86dee11f01cbd', 500, '')
dropbox.exceptions.InternalServerError: InternalServerError('a0a7cb334e1b4f068e3605e4249a23c9', 500, '')

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks, that's helpful. We'll look into it and I'll follow up here once I have an update on this.

b_brown
Explorer | Level 3

@Greg-DBAny luck with this?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@b_brown This is still open with the team, but I don't have an update yet. I'll follow up here once I have some news.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@b_brown The team has rolled out a fix for this. Please try again and let me know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    b_brown Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?