cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding file path

Regarding file path

anil6
Explorer | Level 3

I need to move the document shown under the signature tab to a new folder I created. How can I do that? Also, how can I find the document path? In the API request payload, I need to pass the 'From' path and 'To' path parameters

5 Replies 5

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer

Hi @anil6 ,

If you did not provide a specific folder to save those files into when the signature requests were created, then they would have been automatically saved on your home folder.

In order to move those files to a different location, you can first retrieve the document's path by making an API request to /files/list_folder[continue]. Once you have obtained the path for the file(s) in question, then you can them send a request to /files/move or /files/move_batch to move the file(s).

I hope you find this information helpful!

anil6
Explorer | Level 3

Hi there,
thanks for the quick response to my query. Actually, the problem is that I'm unable to get the signature folder path, which I need to provide in the 'From' parameter of the API. For your better understanding, I have attached a screenshot of the signature path where the documents are currently showing, and I also mentioned the folder to which I need to move them using the API in the attachment. Please have a look at the attached screenshot below:

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer

@anil6, those files would actually be located in a "HelloSign" folder, which you can find when you click on "All Files" in the sidebar, on the left.

The "top" path for that folder would be /hellosign.

Hope this adds further clarification.

anil6
Explorer | Level 3

@DB-Des  thanks for responding again about my reply above. Unfortunately, the solution you provided is not working. After clicking on all the files, I did not find the two PDF files you mentioned in dropbox account. However, when I clicked on the "Signature" tab on the left side, the files are showing there. The path you gave me (/hellosign) is giving the following error when I try to move the file to the folder (jack). Please check the attached screenshot again of all directories(all files, signature and api request response and let me know if you find a better solution to resolve this matter.

DB-Des
Dropbox Engineer

@anil6, I'm sorry to hear you are still having troubles.

Could you please submit a support ticket so a member of our support team can further look into this issue for you?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

DB-Des Dropbox Engineer
    anil6 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?