cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Issue with Dropbox API Integration - Error 401 (Unauthorized)

Re: Issue with Dropbox API Integration - Error 401 (Unauthorized)

Rede Inspire
New member | Level 2

I'm just having this 401 error, following the answer above I'm already using offline mode in the app to generate the code where I can refresh the token, I can request all the other routes I'm listing team members selecting the admin and sending in the request https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/download together with the valid access_token, dropbox-api-arg and dropbox-api-select-admin but it still returns error 401 without any error text in the body of the request

print od request response without body data with error 401

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Rede Inspire,

Did you check what's in when you take a look on raw view? 🤔 Is it still "empty"?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Rede Inspire From the configuration in the UI in your screenshot, it looks like your client may be trying to parse the response as JSON, but the response isn't guaranteed to be JSON, so as Здравко said, please check the raw response.

If the raw response is empty though, please check and share the headers as they may help indicate the issue. In that case, please ideally share both the request and response headers, but be sure to redact any sensitive values, such as the access token.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?