cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feedback: The Embedder Launched in Preview

Re: Feedback: The Embedder Launched in Preview

StanR
Explorer | Level 3

I'm hoping you can help me.  I've been trying to reproduce your result in my own HTML without success.  I just get a blank screen.  If I look at the Source for each of your examples, it seems like a massive amount of code. 

Is it possible to show (or point to a zip file) a standalone example?  So for http:// (some url), we receive an example pdf or gif.  Then we can inspect the source to see how this all fits together.

My application is to use embed to offer a series of Dropbox folders that can be opened, read and/or downloaded.  Pretty simple, but no luck so far.

Stan Ralph

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You can find the instructions for using the Embedder here. There are working examples on that page, but as that is a page on the actual Dropbox web site, there is other code in the source, unrelated to the Embedder itself.

To use the Embedder, you would need to:

1. Load the script as instructed under "Setting up the Embedder".
  2. Configure the Embedder as shown under either "Embedding Files or Folders using anchor tags" or "Triggering the Embedder using JavaScript".

Here's a very basic/minimal example I put together showing how to set up the Embedder with an anchor tag to show a PDF file.

StanR
Explorer | Level 3

https://polite-paletas-dcc62b.netlify.app/

seems to be a blank screen, no download.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@StanR What browser/version are you using? That page is working for me, showing the Embedder displaying a PDF file. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like in Chrome, for example:

Screen Shot 2023-01-10 at 3.46.16 PM.png

StanR
Explorer | Level 3

worked on chrome.  not on Firefox.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

image.png

The above is Firefox.

image.png

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@StanR Like Здравко found, it is also working for me in Firefox. What version of Firefox are you using, and are there any errors in the browser console on that page in Firefox for you when the Embedder doesn't appear?

m8pa9khyn
New member | Level 2

(FYI: My Firefox wasn't showing either...but it turned out to be blocked by Privacy Badger extension.)

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

m8pa9khyn New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    StanR Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?