cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE Shared folder API

RE Shared folder API

Rajesh kumar
New member | Level 2

Hello Team, Iam using drop box APIs where i can download folder and upload files. When it comes to shared folder could you please tell me which APIs i need to use for drop box. I need to download a file and upload file in share folder. Please help me on this and please provide step by step guidance. Note - assume there are 4 folder A is the main folder in A there was B and in B there was C and in C there was D folder. In D folder files are present.. When i check in drop box for A, B, C folders i dont have options to create folder or upload file, but i have access to create a folder and file upload in D folder. I need to download D folder here
Thanks,
Rajesh

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You should use the same API functionality to upload and download files/folders in Dropbox, whether or not the files/folders happen to be located in shared folders. You would need to specify the relevant path values to interact with the desired items accordingly. Note that the ability to perform certain operations would depend on the account's permissions in a particular shared folder, etc. I recommend reading the following guides for more information:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?