cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permissions / Scopes on API (View Folder + Download Only)

Permissions / Scopes on API (View Folder + Download Only)

Benjee
New member | Level 2

Hey guys!

I'm currently developing a small program for me and other users and would like know if there's a way to have an "Download Only + View Folder" API Token for my C# program? I'd like to restrict it to download-only + view folder for the app, so I can prevent people to screw around with the token if they ever would acquire it by chance.

Best regards,
Benjee

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, unfortunately the Dropbox API doesn't currently offer a way to get an access token with restricted scopes/permissions like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I just wanted to follow up on this to let you know that we've released "scopes" functionality on the Dropbox API, which you can use to configure an app or access token to only a limited set of functionality, such as the ability to read but not write files.

You can find more information about the release in our blog post here:

https://dropbox.tech/developers/now-available--scoped-apps-and-enhanced-permissions

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?