cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Native Dropbox App OAuth grant workflow for iOS using .Net (Xamarin)

Native Dropbox App OAuth grant workflow for iOS using .Net (Xamarin)

XamarinDev
New member | Level 2

Hi, I'm integrating dropbox into Xamarin.iOS using the C# Dropbox.Api nuget package.  The authentication via webview works fine, however when the iOS dropbox native app is installed, It won't connect and go that URI redirection process instead.

I did the following here https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#configure-your-project

But when I checked github for .NET I noticed it never used "dbapi-2"

I can implement it manually using URI redirects.  But i'm wondering what the open URI scheme is for Oauth ver 2, I tried the URI in DropboxOAuth2Helper.GetAuthorizeUri and "dbapi-2://2/connect?k="+_appKey+"&s=_secretKey" no avail.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The official Dropbox API v2 .NET/C# SDK doesn't officially support Xamarin/iOS unfortunately, so it doesn't implement the app authorization flow where the official Dropbox iOS app is used (via dbapi-2).

Further, that flow where the official Dropbox iOS app is used is only meant for use by the official Dropbox iOS SDKs (i.e., the Objective-C SDK, as you mentioned, and the Swift SDK). That being the case, it's not officially documented, and accordingly I don't have any resources to share on how to manually implement it, nor can I recommend doing so (since it's not officially documented/supported for non-official SDKs). I'll send that along as a feature request though. Apologies I can't be of more help!

kanak
Explorer | Level 3

Hi, Can you please tell me the way how you connected dropbox using webview?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@kanak Per the documentation, the Dropbox OAuth 2 app authorization flow should only be processed via the system browser now. 

Need more support?