cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.NET API : How to copy files to HomeNamespaceId as an admin ?

.NET API : How to copy files to HomeNamespaceId as an admin ?

Ghislain Sommervogel
Explorer | Level 4

Hi all,

I'm connected to a DropboxClient as an admin. I need to copy files from a team folder that my account isn't a member of to my HomeNamespaceId. For this, I'm using DropboxClient.Files.CopyV2Async. 

- the fromPath argument is filled with "ns:1234/copypath". Seems to work.

- the toPath is build this way : "ns:" + full.RootInfo.HomeNamespaceId + "/" + folderName

... where full  = DropboxClient.Users.GetCurrentAccountAsync() and folderName = a non-yet-existing directory that I want to create under my Home in order to share it later.

The call to DropboxClient.Files.CopyV2Async returns a "to/no_write_permission" error. Any idea of how I could solve this? As a workaround, I made my account a member of the team folder, so that I can connect "AsMember" and use CopyReferenceGetAsync, but that is not an ideal solution. Thanks for any advice.

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately I don't believe there's an alternative in this scenario, because the /2/files/copy_v2 endpoint only supports the Dropbox-API-Select-Admin header in the "Team Admin" mode, meaning it has access to "team folders and team spaces but not the team members' home namespaces". So, when you administratively access contents the account doesn't have access to, you can't simultaneously access the user account's home folder.

Ghislain Sommervogel
Explorer | Level 4

I see. Thanks for the confirmation.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ghislain Sommervogel Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?