cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My App is not working on new device

My App is not working on new device

BradHenderson
Explorer | Level 4

Hello 

I have developed an app through App Console and it has been working very well on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A.  My app provides the app key and receive the OAuth2Token through startOAuth2Authentication".  All good, it asks for approval to access then provides my token.  I have just tried to run the app with a different Samsung Galaxy Tab A with the Developer Options set to the same as the original tablet.  However when I try to get OAuth the tablet opens a webpage in Chrome and hangs on that page.  Nothing is displayed just the web address = "https://www.dropbox.com/1/connect?locale...........etc

Do I have to notify the App in App Console that there is another device?  If so I can't find it.

Any help is appreciated.

Brad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You don't need to configure anything on the App Console to get that page to load, even on another device. If the page isn't loading, that likely indicates some network or server issue.

Does www.dropbox.com itself load on that device? What about other non-Dropbox web sites?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You don't need to configure anything on the App Console to get that page to load, even on another device. If the page isn't loading, that likely indicates some network or server issue.

Does www.dropbox.com itself load on that device? What about other non-Dropbox web sites?

BradHenderson
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Greg,

I was running my app on a "new" second hand wiped tablet.  I updated to android 7.1.1 from 5.??

and now it opens the auth in a web browser and waits for me to tap Allow.  Working ok.  Probably as you say some network issue with the tablet.  Just wondering why it opens in a Chrome window whereas the original tablet open just the Dropbox API permission.  Could this be because the new tablet doesn't have the Dropbox app loaded?

Thanks Greg

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Yes, if the official Dropbox Android app is installed and you're using the official Dropbox SDK in your app, the Dropbox app authorization flow will be processed through the official Dropbox Android app. If the official Dropbox Android app is not installed, the browser will be used instead.

BradHenderson
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks Greg

Appreciate your help

Brad

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

BradHenderson Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?