cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving of Files not Working

Moving of Files not Working

AnaliticaInnovare
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I am moving a file using the endpoint  https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/move_v2 which gives me a successful response however the file is not shown in the folder when i go to it.

movig.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AnaliticaInnovare
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The results retrieved from list_folder however the cache was not updated to cater for moved/copied items and that made it seem as though the api call was not successful. Problem is fixed now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

AnaliticaInnovare
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The results retrieved from list_folder however the cache was not updated to cater for moved/copied items and that made it seem as though the api call was not successful. Problem is fixed now.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Were you trying to move this file into that folder at "/Test folder"? A response from /2/files/move_v2 containing the updated metadata like this should indicate that the file was successfully moved, so it appears the move did work if that's what you were attempting.

When you say "file is not shown in the folder", how are you checking that? Are you looking at the local filesystem on a computer with the Dropbox desktop client installed and running, or a Dropbox mobile client, or the Dropbox web site, or using the Dropbox API? In any case, make sure what you're looking at is up to date. (E.g., Refresh the page, or make sure the client is running, etc.)

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It looks like our messages just crossed. I'm glad to hear you sorted this out already.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    AnaliticaInnovare New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?