cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for help With API

Looking for help With API

Domziman
New member | Level 2

Hi guys, i am looking for some help. I am also willing to pay someone to help me set up the authentication. I can access my dropbox but seems like the token expires. Looking for someone willing to set this up for me that it gets the refresh tokens. The Auth 2.0 is above me.

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox itself doesn't have listings or recommendations of developers to hire (though there may be some in the forum here who can chime in). There also may be third party marketplaces online where you can search for developers to hire, but we can't recommend any in particular. I certainly see how that could be helpful though, so I'll send this along to the team as a request to offer some sort of recommendation/listing like that. I can't promise if or when this would be implemented though.

As for the authorization functionality itself, Dropbox issues short-lived access tokens, which expire after a few hours, and optional refresh tokens, which don't expire. Apps can get long-term access by requesting "offline" access, in which case the app receives a "refresh token" that can be used to retrieve new short-lived access tokens as needed, without further manual user intervention. Refresh tokens do not expire automatically and can be used repeatedly. You can find more information in the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation. There's a basic outline of processing this flow in this blog post which may serve as a useful example.

Colin56
New member | Level 2

Hi,

I totally get it, OAuth 2.0 can be a beast to tackle, especially when it comes to refresh tokens.

I've worked with Dropbox API and OAuth 2.0 extensively, and I'd be happy to help you set up a seamless authentication flow that handles token refreshes for you.

Let's get it sorted out - I'm ready when you are!

You can reach out to me on my email here

Colin

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Colin56 New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?