cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ListFolderAsync return partial data

ListFolderAsync return partial data

Ellis Fantuzzi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi, I've set a folder structure in Dropbox, so I can call CopyV2Async to clone this structure in another folder.

This apparently works, but when i call ListFolderAsync  on the new root, with recursive true, it returns a partial result.

I've tried to make some changes directly from Dropbox web interface (like add files and folders) but the result of ListFolderAsync is always the same.

This process has worked for a while but from yesterday I have this problem.

Thank you for the help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The ListFolderAsync interface is paginated and is not guaranteed to return all of the results in a single call. You may need to call back to ListFolderContinueAsync to retrieve more entries, sometimes repeatedly. Please refer to the ListFolderAsync and ListFolderContinueAsync documentation for more information on using these methods.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The ListFolderAsync interface is paginated and is not guaranteed to return all of the results in a single call. You may need to call back to ListFolderContinueAsync to retrieve more entries, sometimes repeatedly. Please refer to the ListFolderAsync and ListFolderContinueAsync documentation for more information on using these methods.

Ellis Fantuzzi
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ellis Fantuzzi New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?