cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List folder api with admin header

List folder api with admin header

sarshavs
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, im using the Api list_folder and try to get any event for any user in the team. is it possible?
Im using the header dropbox-api-select-admin and i saw in the docs - 

-----

Specifically, there are two different modes for Dropbox-API-Select-Admin header that calls may support:

• Whole Team The endpoint can access content of team folders and team spaces as well as the team members' home namespaces.

-----
but i see the list folder dont returns team members home ns events

that the api's im using:
https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder/get_latest_cursor

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder/continue

Thanks for any help

11 Replies 11

sarshavs
Explorer | Level 3

@Greg-DB  Thanks alot for that elaborate answer !
So for non business accounts i have nothing to worry about because we have only one user.
But for business account there may be option to not use team space configuration and if that the case does the team/get_events endpoint will return all events in the account?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@sarshavs Yes, /2/team_log/get_events is supported for teams with the team space configuration.

If you're interested in event types from the "file_operations" category though, note that those are only available to some Business plans, per the documentation:

Note that the file_operations category and & analogous paper events are not available on all Dropbox Business plans. Use features/get_values to check for this feature.

The list_folder functionality can be used by any account though.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    sarshavs Explorer | Level 3
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?