cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Content Hash Values from Dropbox Endpoints

Inconsistent Content Hash Values from Dropbox Endpoints

SandeepCNT
Explorer | Level 3

Hello,

I hope you're all doing well. I've come across an issue while working with the Dropbox API, specifically related to content hash values, and I'd like to seek your insights on this matter.

1. List Folder and Thumbnail Batch Endpoints: When using the "List Folder" and "Thumbnail Batch" endpoints, I observed that the content hash value returned for a specific file remains consistent. This behavior is as expected and aligns with the file's content.

2. Search V2 Endpoint: However, when I use the "Search V2" endpoint to search for the same file, the content hash value it returns is different from what I obtained through the "List Folder" and "Thumbnail Batch" endpoints. Furthermore, it appears that all files' content hash values retrieved from the "Search V2" endpoint are the same.

These discrepancies are causing some challenges in maintaining data consistency within my application. I'm wondering if there might be any insights or explanations for this behavior. Specifically:

• Why does the "Search V2" endpoint return different content hash values for the same file compared to the "List Folder" and "Thumbnail Batch" endpoints?
  • Is there any specific reason or logic behind the content hash values returned by the "Search V2" endpoint being the same for different files?

I'd appreciate any guidance or information that could help me better understand and work with these discrepancies. Thank you for your assistance!

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the post. This looks like an issue on our side. We'll look into it and I'll follow up here with any updates.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This should be fixed now. Thanks again for the report!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?