cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IOS - SwiftyDropbox - my application, in developer mode, wont update requested permissions

IOS - SwiftyDropbox - my application, in developer mode, wont update requested permissions

esromneb
New member | Level 2

I've made a new developer app. I'm using SwiftDropbox 9.2.0. Before connecting my iOS app, I go into the permissions, and enable:

files.metadata.write

* files.content.write

* files.content.read

At the bottom I click "submit". Then from my iOS I request auth, and the summary says "View basic information about your Dropbox account such as your username, email, and country".

When I try to write a example file (following https://cocoapods.org/pods/SwiftyDropbox ) I get this error:

[request-id a8b59ed888b3442a8572d37d9495a6c9] API auth error - {

".tag" = "missing_scope";

"required_scope" = "files.content.write";

}

Even the text when I'm first authorizing the app is wrong. So what do I need to do for the permission to update? I DO have dropbox installed on the same phone.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

esromneb
New member | Level 2
OK I figured it out. Even if the app has the permissions, your iOS code needs to request the same permissions: let scopeRequest = ScopeRequest(scopeType: .user, scopes: ["account_info.read", "files.metadata.write", "files.content.write", "files.content.read"], includeGrantedScopes: false)

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

esromneb
New member | Level 2
OK I figured it out. Even if the app has the permissions, your iOS code needs to request the same permissions: let scopeRequest = ScopeRequest(scopeType: .user, scopes: ["account_info.read", "files.metadata.write", "files.content.write", "files.content.read"], includeGrantedScopes: false)
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

esromneb New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?