cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link to other drives web links bulk creation

How to create shortcuts (non-downloadable .web files) using the API

marjamueller
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to create shortcuts (e.g. Create -> Shortcut in web client that results in a non-downloadable .web file) using the Dropbox API in a team space. I otherwise have no problems working with ordinary file and folder types using the API.

I went through the API documentation, but wasn't able to find a hint. I'm probably missing something. Is there anybody that may push me into the right direction?

Regards,

Marja

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API doesn't currently offer a way to create shortcuts like this programmatically, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API doesn't currently offer a way to create shortcuts like this programmatically, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

marjamueller
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response and for passing it along.

Regards

Marja

amzp
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

can we get this feature?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@amzp I don't have any news on this feature request.

amzp
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

i want to be able to generate .web files via bulk or api access.

many times there is files or links from other third party applications that i need in my folders

there is no other way to create a .web file / url link one by one

amzp
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

is it better to start a feature request in the community for this?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@amzp This existing thread serves as the feature request for this. You don't need to create another one.

amzp
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

@Greg-DB even though it is marked as done because it has a solution?

i mean the feature is more important now since you've integrated creating GOOGLE DOCS in drive instead of dropbox and creating a .web Link. The .web files are becoming a bigger part of dropbox connections?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@amzp Yes, even though the original author has marked a reply to this thread as a solution, we're still tracking this thread internally as a feature request.

Need more support?