cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Play require reusable login credentials to review the app

Google Play require reusable login credentials to review the app

Prilaga
Explorer | Level 4

Hi dear community.

I have several apps on google play that uses Dropbox API for backup purposes.

For one of the app I have an issue with Google play review process. According with the rules developers must provide valid reusable login credentials:
https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9859455#app_access

I created a test dropbox account and provided login and password to sign in and test the app. But my app was rejected because google reviewer can't sign in due to additional checks - I think because of security codes received by email.

How to get the test reusable login credentials that doesn't require 2-Step verification, captcha or other restrictions for login process?

I must provide it or my apps may be deleted. Please help.

2 Replies 2

Brogers
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox has an abuse detection system in place to detect and prevent unidentified logins to help protect our users. It uses a variety of factors to decide whether or not to display a CAPTCHA or verification challenge like this, so whether or not you see it, or exactly what you see, may vary over time. 

Dropbox doesn't provide a way to bypass these for testing, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. Perhaps you could allow Google to use the test email account as well to get the verification code or work with them to find another solution.

Prilaga
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks for the answer. It will be good to have ability to create test creds for the app. An additional problem is that any email provider (like gmail) requires a phone number. And if someone logs in from a different country or device, the email service will ask you to verify "it's me" with a code sent to the phone number.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Prilaga Explorer | Level 4
    Brogers Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?