cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started

Getting Started

Adrian2021
Explorer | Level 3

I would like some assistance in getting started from the ground using a php and jquery environment (basic web stuff) to use Dropbox for some basic file upload/list/download.

To date we have used a 3rd party sdk that had worked examples available via help pages and Youtube - making the learning curve less steep. Now, with dropbox changes for deprecating long life tokens, we need to look at using the Dropbox API directly.

# How to prepare my local developement environment: files to 'install' etc.

# How establish a connection / authorisation where our php code can behind the scenes request 'offline' tokens so that our logged in user can use our dropbox interface without being challenged for dropbox re-authentication.  In other words we really want our php code to do all the dropbox authentication if possible (to date this is done via our saved long term token).

# A simple example of creating a dropbox object to upload/list/download.

Hopefully, I'm  not asking too much (?)

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We don't have a sample for PHP in particular, but I recommend reading the Getting Started guide to get familiar with the Dropbox API, and the OAuth Guide for information on how the authorization system works.

If you're calling the HTTPS endpoints directly, for the pieces of functionality you mentioned, you'd want to use:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?