cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get single team member info .net V2

Get single team member info .net V2

AppBridge D.
New member | Level 1

I want to get the account info of the admin of a team. I had the memberId of this admin and that is all.

I get the memberId which is 41 characters long so I cannot use standard dropboxclient.GetAccountAsync()which is used for regular dropbox client.

I noticed MembersGetInfoAsync() but that requires a List of members as parameters. I only had the memberId through admin, how do I only get his information without pulling the whole team, filtering for that id then passing that down to MembersGetInfoAsync() as a list with one entry?

4 Replies 4

Alexandra F.1
New member | Level 1

Why do you say you can't use the standard memberId because it's 41 characters long? Is there error output that states there's a problem with the length of the memberId?

If you already have the member ID, I believe you could just create a list (a MembersGetInfoArgs.Members) that has a single item, and pass that to the MembersGetInfoAsync call. 

AppBridge D.
New member | Level 1

GetAccountAsync takes in AccountId which is 40 characters and I have memberId which is part of a team that is 41 characters, it will result in an exception and throw an error stating that the accountid cannot be greater than 40

Alexandra F.1
New member | Level 1

Yes, account IDs are 40 characters long. Can you share the code snippet where you get the account ID from the Dropbox API? 

Alexandra F.1
New member | Level 1

Apologies, I was confusing member IDs and account IDs. Account IDs are 40 characters long, but member IDs can be longer or shorter. You can indeed use MembersGetInfoArgs to pass in the member ID you have as a single-item list to MembersGetInfoAsync. Let us know if you have any trouble with that!

Need more support?