cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get List of Shared folders in Dropbox Team

Get List of Shared folders in Dropbox Team

gagsbh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hello @Greg-DB 

I am trying to get list of Team and Shared Folders as shown in Content section of Admin console.

I am able to get Team Folders using the Dot Net Official SDK:

TeamFolderListResult result = await teamclient.Team.TeamFolderListAsync(tfargs);

How do I obtain the list of Shared Folders, as shown in screenshot below, quickly using official Dot Net SDK ?

gagsbh_0-1639576396075.png

Thanks,

Gagan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To list all namespaces (including both team folders and shared folders) for the team via the .NET SDK, you can use NamespacesListAsync/NamespacesListContinueAsync.

And for reference, to just list the shared folders for a particular user, you can use ListFoldersAsync/ListFoldersContinueAsync.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

To list all namespaces (including both team folders and shared folders) for the team via the .NET SDK, you can use NamespacesListAsync/NamespacesListContinueAsync.

And for reference, to just list the shared folders for a particular user, you can use ListFoldersAsync/ListFoldersContinueAsync.

gagsbh
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks @Greg-DB 

I was able to obtain the list of Shared Folders using:

TeamNamespacesListResult result = await teamclient.Team.NamespacesListAsync();

List<NamespaceMetadata> lstMetatdata = result.Namespaces.ToList();

NamespaceMetadata has properties Name, NamespaceId, TeamMemberId

Is NamespaceId same as the FolderID of the Shared Folder ?

If not, how do I quickly obtain the FolderID of the Shared Folders obtained from the NamespacesListAsync API.

Thanks,

Gagan

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, shared folders and team folders are both types of "namespaces". For a shared folder, the "namespace ID" is the same as the "shared folder ID" (and likewise, for team folders, the "namespace ID" is the same as the "team folder ID").

Need more support?