cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get ACCESS TOKEN for android app java

Get ACCESS TOKEN for android app java

YousefElsayed
Explorer | Level 3

I am trying to upload file from the android app to my DropBox account , I don't want the file to be uploaded on the user account ... I just need to upload files to single pre-defined account from the android app without Showing or requesting Auth. 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you only want your app to connect to your own account, and for more than a few hours without manual intervention, you should use the OAuth app authorization flow and process it once yourself to get a "refresh token" for your own account. That particular refresh token will always be only for your own account and will not expire automatically (though you can revoke it if/when needed).

If you're using the official Dropbox Java SDK, you can find an example Android app here.

Note though that the API was designed with the intention that each user would link their own Dropbox account, in order to interact with their own files. While it is technically possible to always connect to just one account for all users, we do not officially support this, for various technical and security reasons. For instance, as a matter of security, you should not distribute your own access token or refresh token to other users, e.g., inside of a client-side app like an Android app.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?