cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox webhooks getting team related response instead of File Related Information

Dropbox webhooks getting team related response instead of File Related Information

dhavalsoni
New member | Level 2

In Dropbox webhooks I am using for my client, but that is sending team related response, but I need file related changes detail

{"delta":{"teams":{"dbtid:AAAIxzpSYjy51YyTiFGRWF554Ua4B8R9xSE":["dbmid:AACkLTI7DZ8As0kupJVJphdN2c8G3mUnHGg","dbmid:AAAwrgz7pSADLizkEt96HHbFvJlCQXPfe_g"]}},"list_folder":{"teams":{"dbtid:AAAIxzpSYjy51YyTiFGRWF554Ua4B8R9xSE":["dbmid:AACkLTI7DZ8As0kupJVJphdN2c8G3mUnHGg","dbmid:AAAwrgz7pSADLizkEt96HHbFvJlCQXPfe_g"]}}}

If anything I am doing wrong let me know If you provide any steps then that would be great for me.

Please give me response ASAP.

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@dhavalsoni wrote:

..., but that is sending team related response, ...

Hi @dhavalsoni,

First of all, that's NOT response - it's message! Such type of message notified you about there are some change(s) in related (linked) account(s). The notification may be about change of any kind and there is no way to limit it. Within the notification "flows" id of account/team/member where corresponding change(s) happens (this doesn't mean that it's team change or there is not a file change - could be anything). You have to check what actually it IS. There is no such information within the message. For file trace, you can save last cursor for folders recursive listing for every linked account and once event that suppose some change happens, try continue listing. As a response of such a try you will receive all changes, if any.

Good luck.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/77624842/dropbox-webhooks-getting-team-related-response-instead-... ]

@dhavalsoni Based on the sample you shared, I see that your app is "team-linked", and so is receiving team webhook notifications. You can find the documentation for team webhooks here, and the documentation for user webhooks here.

Either way, note that for file/folder changes, webhook notifications only tell you when something has changed, but not what has changed. You'd then need to then call the API to see what has changed, e.g., /2/files/list_folder[/continue].

The following guides may be helpful:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?