cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Dropbox teams personal folders

Dropbox teams personal folders

sarshavs
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, i uploaded file to my personal folder and when using this EP 

team/namespaces/list

i get namespace id of that personal folder, my question how can i use this id to get the files uploaded? or alernatively get new files events which will consider also all the files in the personal folders of the members?
second question, i created team folder and when using this EP 

/2/sharing/list_folders

I dont see the folder in the response, only when adding members to this folder, Do we have option to make this folder visible also if it doesnt have any members? 

thanks.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

For both of your questions, to list the contents of any particular folder or namespace, whether or not it is shared, you should use the /2/files/list_folder and /2/files/list_folder/continue endpoints. You can start by passing in the empty string "" as the "path" parameter value to list the contents of the root for the call. You can also use those with the "member file access" feature, if your app is connected to a team with the relevant permissions.

In addition to the pieces of documentation linked there, I suggest reading the File Access, Team Files, and Detecting Changes guides as well, as those may be helpful in your case.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?