cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API

Dropbox API

Zaidwithdkg
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

I need to know how can I upload my files and data with using Dropbox and also need to know about the offline access token for APIs authentication

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox does offer an API you can use for listing, uploading, and downloading files, among other operations. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation, tutorials, and SDKs here.

To get started, I recommend reading the Getting Started Guide. For information on how the authorization process works, including information on access tokens and offline access with refresh tokens, check out the OAuth Guide. And for information on interacting with files, refer to the File Access Guide.

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@Zaidwithdkg wrote:

I need to know how can I upload my files and data with using Dropbox ...

Hi @Zaidwithdkg,

Most simple way would be installing official Dropbox application and put your files in Dropbox folder. 😁 Joke. Using some of the family of upload endpoints (depending on your file size and their count) would do the trick. Of course, there are corresponding methods in all supported Dropbox SDKs if you use some of them.

@Zaidwithdkg wrote:

... and also need to know about the offline access token for APIs authentication

Hm..🤔 I have no any idea of such a "offline access token". Where do you see such a thing? 🧐 Don't read untrusted sources!

Access token is used for call to all regular API endpoints and currently is supported only short lived access token. There was time when was possible to choose long lived access token too, but it impossible now. For long term access you need refresh token usable for "refresh" (regenerate in fact) the access token. The refresh token doesn't expire automatic and can be used till revoke (either by application itself or by user). You receive refresh token when you perform OAuth2 flow with offline access type.

Hope this helps.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?