cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API Error on Download using asp.net: Thread Was Being Aborted

Dropbox API Error on Download using asp.net: Thread Was Being Aborted

Sunsing
New member | Level 2

I have an App I made that was working well previously, but upgrading my code to the latest editions broke my ability to download files from my App Folder in Dropbox, to my asp.net App. This is an on-going issue and I really need to find a resolve.

I get this message in ASP.NET when I attempt to download a file from Dropbox using the api.

[ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.]
   System.Web.HttpContext.InvokeCancellableCallback(WaitCallback callback, Object state) +113
   System.Web.Util.SynchronizationHelper.SafeWrapCallback(Action action) +113

I can't find any way to get around it.

I'm also wondering if I'm missing a web.config setting, and I'm not sure what the reference means in the documentation about opening up a port for dbx.

Upload works great. I'm only running into an issue on download, and the file is less than 100k

Here's my code:

Dim dbx As New DropboxClient(AccessToken)

Dim path As String = "/" & HostName & "/" & Filename
Using response = Await dbx.Files.DownloadAsync(path)

DownloadAsync is called and throws the error, so why is the thread being aborted before I even get a response?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The output here doesn't seem to mention any Dropbox code. Do you get any other error/output/stack containing any Dropbox SDK references?

Also, can you elaborate on what you mean when you say you were "upgrading my code to the latest editions"? What specifically were you upgrading (for example, the Dropbox SDK itself, or something else), and from what version and to what version?

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?