cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download limits

Download limits

tralibex
Explorer | Level 3

I'm using a wordpress plugin that i can connect to my dropbox account via api integration where are granted access to files (from 50mb to 10gb).

Are there any limitations of how many simultaneously downloads, bandwidth or requests can be made?

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

Yes. 

Simply put Dropbox is not a content delivery network and should not be relied upon at all. 

For example as a free user its limited to 20/gb per rolling 24 hours and 100,000 downloads. It is more for paid users which you can see here. However, if you hit those limits the links will fail and you cannot get around this. They will fail initially for 24 hours and each time get longer. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@tralibex wrote:

Are there any limitations of how many simultaneously downloads, bandwidth or requests can be made?

Hi @tralibex,

Your question includes (or may do it as presented) too many things, so difficult to get a single (universal) answer. Mark did clarify already the links limitations if you use API calls only to get links that you use after that. There may be additional limitations related to file content management (either upload or download - i.e. directed to content.dropboxapi.com) that are account related. You may check if your subscription imposes such limitations and if so, what they are. Other explicit limitations to API calls don't exist. There is possible to come up implicit limitations though; limitations related to how Dropbox works. It's difficult to recognize such an limits. When such a limitation comes up, you will be notified with RateLimitError (status code 429) or sometimes possible with 5XX status code. You have to be ready to handle such cases and repeat the request on go with some delay.

Hope this clarifies matter.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?