cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cloud credentials / validate log in

Cloud credentials / validate log in

zmettin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
My first real stumper of an issue.

Dropbox cloud credentials were working until today.

error code for cloud credentials :
Code:

Error: 2021/12/29 11:03:13 ERROR : : error listing: Post "https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder": dial tcp: lookup api.dropboxapi.com on 192.168.1.1:53: read udp 192.168.1.169:40543->192.168.1.1:53: read: connection refused
2021/12/29 11:03:13 Failed to lsjson with 2 errors: last error was: error in ListJSON: Post "https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder": dial tcp: lookup api.dropboxapi.com on 192.168.1.1:53: read udp 192.168.1.169:40543->192.168.1.1:53: read: connection refused
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This doesn't appear to be error output from the Dropbox API itself. It looks like your client wasn't able to successfully resolve the Dropbox API hostname in the first place (for reference, it is resolving correctly for me). That is, it looks like your client is attempting a DNS lookup using your DNS server at 192.168.1.1 (presumably your router) on port 53 (which is used for DNS), but that connection itself was refused. Unfortunately that's out of our control, so I can't offer much help with that. You'll need to troubleshoot your DNS server/router.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

zmettin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
If it helps.

This is happening with a Truenas Mini XL3+

This function was working up till November 27th 2021. It is no longer working and throwing this same error code.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

Is this from a third party piece of software? I.e. not one you wrote?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

This doesn't appear to be error output from the Dropbox API itself. It looks like your client wasn't able to successfully resolve the Dropbox API hostname in the first place (for reference, it is resolving correctly for me). That is, it looks like your client is attempting a DNS lookup using your DNS server at 192.168.1.1 (presumably your router) on port 53 (which is used for DNS), but that connection itself was refused. Unfortunately that's out of our control, so I can't offer much help with that. You'll need to troubleshoot your DNS server/router.

zmettin
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
That pointed me in the right direction to solved this. Thank you.
Need more support?