cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chunky Comic Reader only shows certain Dropbox folders

Chunky Comic Reader only shows certain Dropbox folders

xavdid
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I've used Chunky Comic reader for years because it's got a great Dropbox integration- I can browse my whole Dropbox hierarchy and import comics I've bought.

But, after getting a new iPad recently, Dropbox has stopped working. Nothing's changed on the app side (it hasn't been updated in years). When I load Dropbox on the new device, it only shows me 2 folders when I should see ~20. Those folders work as expected, but they're not the ones I'm trying to access.

The available folders also happen to be the two newest folders in my Dropbox; they were created in May of this year and August of 2023. All my other Dropbox folders were created in 2022 or earlier (and don't show up via the API). I've confirmed that if I create a new folder, it shows up in Chunky as expected.

So, is there a reason old folders wouldn't show up in an API call? I don't have information about which API endpoint is being used (since I'm not the app's developer) but given that new folders show up, it seems like an issue on the Dropbox side.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

xavdid
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Playing with this a little more, it seems like only folders with a recent enough modified date will show up. I updated the modified date for my comics folder and it showed up in API responses immediately. Definitely doesn't seem like intended behavior, but I'm glad it's working again!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

xavdid
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Playing with this a little more, it seems like only folders with a recent enough modified date will show up. I updated the modified date for my comics folder and it showed up in API responses immediately. Definitely doesn't seem like intended behavior, but I'm glad it's working again!

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution

You will need to speak to the developer as it sounds like they need to update the app - there are also changes coming up later this year which, if not updated, could cause the app to stop working completely. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@xavdid As Mark noted, this may be something that the developer would need to address in the app's code. The Dropbox API should certainly still return old folders, but if it doesn't seem to be working as expected, the developer can share the relevant technical details so we can look into it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    xavdid Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?