cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call dropbox folder and its files names via an API

Call dropbox folder and its files names via an API

andrefmsousa
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello, 

Can you help me to understand if it is possible to call a Dropbox folder link as I show “manually” in the below image, ideally not to the web version but the windows explorer, via a macro. The idea is to read and list all the files names in each specific folder of a tre of folders. 

The same question to call the authors name who saved the file in Dropbox.

In case it is possible can you help me with the how?

Thank you,
André

Dropbox link.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Dropbox does not offer an API for interfacing with the desktop client like this.

It does offer an API you can use for accessing various parts of Dropbox functionality, such as listing files, creating shared links, or accessing shared file metadata, but that operates by talking directly to the Dropbox servers, not the local client. If you do want to use the API, you can find everything you need here: https://www.dropbox.com/developers

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Dropbox does not offer an API for interfacing with the desktop client like this.

It does offer an API you can use for accessing various parts of Dropbox functionality, such as listing files, creating shared links, or accessing shared file metadata, but that operates by talking directly to the Dropbox servers, not the local client. If you do want to use the API, you can find everything you need here: https://www.dropbox.com/developers
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?