cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Accessing Team Folders in Bluebeam App

Accessing Team Folders in Bluebeam App

BallpointZen
New member | Level 2

I work for a company that has recently started a Dropbox Business account so we can connect it through Bluebeam on Ipads and access construction drawings on the site. However, I keep running into the problem where we can access the personal folder but none of the team folders. In the admin console I looked at app integrations and Bluebeam is not listed, so how do I add it?

I can access all the team folders through the dropbox app, so I know they are visible, but I just can't get to them through the Bluebeam side. Does anyone have any experience with this and maybe a solution?

Thanks,

BPZ

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

There are technically two different questions here, so I'll address them individually:

It sounds like the app you're referring to is "user-linked", that is, each user that wants to use it needs to authorize it to connect to their own account. (As opposed to being "team-linked", which would mean that a team admin could connect it to the entire team at once.) "User-linked" apps only get listed under each user's Connected Apps list, not the team's apps list on the Business Admin Console. (And in either case, connecting an app is initiated from the third party app itself, not from the app list in Dropbox.)

It sounds like your team is using the "team space" configuration, but the app you're referring to isn't allowing you to use the team space, only your member folder. The Dropbox API itself (which is the way that third party apps integrate with Dropbox) does offer the ability to operate in the team space, but the third party app will need to be explicitly written to support it. You may wish to contact the developer of the third party app to request that they update the app to do so.

BallpointZen
New member | Level 2

Thank you for the information. I think I understand how I need to approach this now.

cadboss
Explorer | Level 4

See the post I just put up. Subject: Bluebeam not a connected app.

cadboss
Explorer | Level 4

BallpointZen: I'm curious if you made any progress with Bluebeam back when this came up for you. I'm hitting them pretty hard now. The ball is in their court to contact Dropbox and integrate this functionality.

cadboss
Explorer | Level 4

Greg-DB: in the DB mobile app when previewing a pdf, I am given the option to open with 1) Adobe Acrobat Reader or 2) Add Text or Signature. I'm wondering if this is still consistent with what you said a couple years ago in response to BallpointZen, i.e., "and in either case connecting an app [from the user's connected app list or the team's apps list] is initiated from the third party app itself, not from the app list in dropbox." I haven't yet installed the Acrobat Reader app and the option was there. Obviously, when I chose that option, I was prompted to install the Acrobat Reader app.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@cadboss Dropbox does have some special integrations with partners like that, but yes, for the standard Dropbox developer platform, the authorization flow is still initiated from the third party app.

Need more support?