cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Toke - after using the refresh token method how can i get the new access token

Access Toke - after using the refresh token method how can i get the new access token

Omri1984
Explorer | Level 4

i am using the offline long token

i have an access token  XXX

and refresh token  YYY

I used the token until it expired

then I used the refresh token method with null to refresh all my scopes.

how can i extract the new access token from the client  in order to save it?

2 Replies 2

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @Omri1984,

The Dropbox .NET SDK (the one most probably you are interested in) is NOT implemented in a way such thing be possible, unfortunately. Probably coder mistake. You need to "hack" DropboxRequestHandler, to be possible something like (or in the DropboxRequestHandlerOptions part, at least).

If you are interested, in other SDKs it's possible the same without hacks, in spite improvements are possible there too (Java SDK for instance).

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

That's correct, the official Dropbox .NET SDK does not offer a way to retrieve the latest short-lived access token that it has, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

That's not needed for the operation of the .NET SDK though. You don't actually need to supply a short-lived access token. The .NET SDK will automatically retrieve new short-lived access tokens for you, and it doesn't require an existing short-lived access token to do so.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?