cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API v1 Turn Off Time

API v1 Turn Off Time

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5

I know it is available till 28th Sep (today), but it would be nice to know what time it will actually be turned off so I can start to monitor any issues.

16 Replies 16

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@vickiADK If you or a team member receive this error message, it indicates that the third party app you're using is still using the now-retired API v1. (This is unrelated to the official Dropbox client itself, so re-installing that won't help.)

If you're not the developer of the app, you'll need to contact them and request an updated version of the app that uses API v2 instead. They can contact us and request an extension for access to API v1 if necessary.

vickiADK
New member | Level 2

Thank you, Greg. When you say "the third party app" I'm not even sure what you mean. Is that a software program that maybe she's using? For instance, I use Acrobat Pro to manipulate PDFs and she uses Nitro. Could Nitro be the issue? Sorry my questions are so elementary, but we rely on Dropbox for our entire business (13 of us in the company) and I need to figure out how to get this solved. Any advice is certainly welcome. Thank you!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@vickiADK It's no problem. Yes, your understanding is correct. By "third party app" in this context I'm referring to any piece of software not made by Dropbox but that integrates with Dropbox. So in this case, that would be Nitro. You'll need to contact the makers of Nitro to to request an updated version, if there isn't already one available. 

vickiADK
New member | Level 2

Thank you! Fingers crossed we can muddle through. I appreciate your quick response.

vickiADK
New member | Level 2

Sorry Greg, one more question. Is there an easy way to tell which 3rd party app is causing the problem?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@vickiADK Generally this is just whatever app in which the error appears. In some cases though, it may be more complicated than that, e.g., when different apps are coordinating with each other. That depends on the specific scenario though, so I can't offer more exact guidance off hand unfortunately.

vickiADK
New member | Level 2

Okay - sounds like Nitro is the issue. We have consulted their help forum and someone is having the same issue, so that's probably it. Thanks again.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

vickiADK New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?