cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API "wrapped" property all of a sudden

API "wrapped" property all of a sudden

Dev FS
Helpful | Level 5

Hi, I appreciate your service with all the great convenience especially API.

This week I realized from my client's claims, that my App experiences errors from most of all accesses through Dropbox API. And I found that there is a major change in the output data: I see "wrapped" property under body object. I checked around some technical information but no clue at all so far. Is this just me or anyone have the same situations?

I would really like to know why this "wrapped" sits there, and if this is temporary change by DB tech team for some reason. Most of all I would love to know how I can keep my app working without my effort of changing all my scripts.

4 Replies 4

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hi @Dev FS,

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

- the name and version number of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any

- the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s), but don't include any access or refresh token(s)
- the full text of any error or unexpected output

Alternatively, you can open an API ticket with the above information using the following link: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

Dev FS
Helpful | Level 5

the API version is 2. and here is the result output (some hidden for privacy).

When I test in Postman, the "wrapped" property never shows in body but "entries" element appears directly as expected.

cap_DB_output_pm_expected.jpg

However when it is operated in Microsoft PowerAutomate which I applied in the client system it has the "wrapped" as you see on the red line:
cap_DB_output_ms_wrapped.jpg

This above-mentioned connection I built is a custom connector I created. I checked the other flow connection provided originally by Microsoft, then they return properly without "wrapped" (the below is an example of their original connection of Dropbox "Create File") :
cap_DB_output_ms_expected.jpg
I hope this helps. Thank you!

D

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hi @Dev FS,

Thank you for providing the additional information. If you are using our direct Dropbox API endpoints, the "entries" property would be an expected value to provide information about a file or folder.

That said, it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue with a third-party application (Microsoft Power Automate) using the Dropbox API. I would recommend reaching out to their support organization for further information related to the "wrapped" property in the response body.

If the developers of this app are having any trouble with the Dropbox API itself, they can reach out to Dropbox developer support directly with the relevant technical details.

Dev FS
Helpful | Level 5

Thank you @iNeil !

As you said it makes sense if I see that is from Microsoft side. I posted in their community and while I have no response yet, I wish I could find any info like their updates or someone else who have the same issue. I'll still keep searching!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Dev FS Helpful | Level 5
    iNeil Dropbox Engineer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?