cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 on Approving Request Access to Shared link with invite only option

500 on Approving Request Access to Shared link with invite only option

REL_IT
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I have a folder A which is created programmatically in Dropbox by a user A using my application. (Dropbox SDK )

Now if i create a link via using the rectangular icon with arrow with Invite only permission and can view privilege. Now when the user clicks request access button shown when clicking on the link Iam getting a Approve request. SO from my Dropbox web app im approving the request and facing a 500 error. Screenshot attached

REL_IT_0-1705577766809.png

10 Replies 10

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@REL_IT Dropbox itself does not add a "tmp" folder in your Dropbox paths. When uploading via the Dropbox API, the third party app specifies the desired destination path via the "path" parameter that it sends to the API. If you're seeing unexpected path components, please check the "path" parameter that your app is sending.

And if you're seeing any unexpected errors from the Dropbox API, I'll be happy to help, but I'd need some more information. In that case, please reply with:

• the name and version number of the platform and SDK/library you are using, if any
  • the steps to reproduce the issue, including relevant code snippet(s), but don't include any access or refresh token(s)
  • the full text of any error or unexpected output
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    REL_IT Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?