cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shared Folders

shared Folders

prabhat1999
Explorer | Level 3

1).     I am using https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/list_folders API to fetch the data of all the shared Folders but in the response, some folders are missing which I can see on the website.

2.) How can I limit my search for shared folders to a specific folder_path . In other words i want to get the share info such has member and  groups in which the given folder and folders in side this folder is shared with their access_type 

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

1. Does the response from /2/sharing/list_folders have a 'cursor' set? If so, you need to call back to /2/sharing/list_folders/continue to retrieve more results, and so on with each response from /2/sharing/list_folders/continue as well. Refer to the linked documentation for more information.

2. No, the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to filter the shared folder list server-side like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. You'll need to instead retrieve the list as above, and then filter it as desired client-side.

prabhat1999
Explorer | Level 3

the response from /2/sharing/list_folders does not have a  'cursor' set

iNeil
Dropbox Engineer

Hello @prabhat1999 

If all of the user's shared folders are returned while executing the /2/sharing/list_folders endpoint, the response object will not provide a cursor field.

If any shared folders are missing from the response object, please open an API ticket with further information about the expected shared folder path and the full response body from the endpoint.

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/contact

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

iNeil Dropbox Engineer
    prabhat1999 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?