cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: log activities via API in personal account

log activities via API in personal account

dhruvin
Explorer | Level 4

Dropbox business account has a log functionality. (Logs for files - added, edited, deleted, moved etc). We can fetch these details via API for Dropbox business account. Isn't it possible to do the same in personal account?
If personal account provides logs functionality, then I can use it to get list of created, edited, deleted and moved files. 

This are my requirements
1. List Created files,

2. List Updated files,

3. List Moved files,

4. List deleted files
5. List replaced files

from above list, which functionalities are possible using Dropbox API?

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, the Dropbox API does not offer an event history for non-team accounts, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

dhruvin
Explorer | Level 4

Hi @Greg-DB 

Thank you for your response.

Can you share proper documentation on how exactly team event logs work. Also how Can list files and folders that are inside a team folder using API.
Also is there any way I can filter events based on time?

I want to sync content of dropbox with external server. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you want to list the contents of any particular folder, you can use the /2/files/list_folder and /2/files/list_folder/continue endpoints. That works for both team and non-team accounts. It's not an event listing, but rather a way to list all of the contents under any particular path. I recommend reading the File Access and Team Files guides for more information.

For listing events on a team, you would use the /2/team_log/get_events and /2/team_log/get_events/continue endpoints, which do offer the ability to filter by date/time. Check out the Team Administration and Detecting Changes guides for more information.

Need more support?