cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

api access to multiple dropbox accounts

api access to multiple dropbox accounts

sjn001tvh
Explorer | Level 3

I have created an app and each subscriber to this app will have their own Dropbox account.  For my account I have an api call that listens for a new file in a specific folder.  

When a new subscriber enrolls for my app's services, they will email me the link to a specific Folder in their dropbox account.  I store this link into their access parameters file, and create an event listener to listen for a new file in their specific folder.  

How would I gain an auth token to allow read/write access to the shared link in their Dropbox account?

Thanks,  Scott.

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox user API access tokens enable access to the connected account. You can use the API to access anything in the connected account, including anything shared with that account. It also offers some functionality for interacting with content from shared links. I recommend reading the following guides for more information:

If your app need access to another account, then the user that owns that account will need to authorize your app to access their account. This can be done by having the user authorize the app via the OAuth app authorization flow. Please refer to the OAuth Guide and authorization documentation for information on that:

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?