cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use business API to get membership for all namespaces

Use business API to get membership for all namespaces

RobinHarveyIW
Explorer | Level 4

I want to export a list of namespaces, groups and namespace/folder membership using the business API.  Namespace and groups are fairly easy, but I'm struggling to see how to get the listing of folder membership.

I can see that the the list_folder_members endpoint gives me the info I want, but the problem with this is that it's scoped to a particular user and I want to get all namespace membership for all namespaces, which means I have to have a "user account" which can access all folders.  If a user doesn't have read access to the folder I'm querying (these are discovered using the business API and an admin app) then I'll get a "permission denied" error.

Am I missing something obvious here?  Or do I just need to ensure that there's a suitable user account which can be used to access all folders?

1 Reply 1

kylea
Dropbox Staff

Setting the HTTP header Dropbox-API-Select-Admin to the member id of a team administrator will enable you to read this.

This article describes HTTP headers that can be added to to the user API to simplify acting on behalf of a user/admin or reading team-owned content.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

kylea Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?