cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a clarity on dropbox app production mode

Need a clarity on dropbox app production mode

thangaraj
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I saw in the "production approval" section of the developer guide like Your app then functions the same as any production status app except that it can only be linked with up to 500 total Dropbox users. However, once your app links 50 Dropbox users, you will have two weeks to apply for and receive production status approval before your app's ability to link additional Dropbox users will be frozen, regardless of how many users between 0 and 500 your app has linked. For more details, please read the Applying for production status section below. 

Actually My question is, My app is used for dropbox team (not user level), in the development mode we can only able to link upto 5 teams only, i have attached Image. Please check. But, there is no mention about the dropbox team app applying to the production mode. When we need to apply dropbox team app to production, also max 5 team in developer mode is very less. Please explain. 

thangaraj_0-1697036930850.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, for team-linked apps, you can only have up to 5 teams connected to an app while the app is in development mode. If you'll need to have more than 5 teams connected to the app, you should apply for production status. You can find a bit more information about this for team-linked apps here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Yes, for team-linked apps, you can only have up to 5 teams connected to an app while the app is in development mode. If you'll need to have more than 5 teams connected to the app, you should apply for production status. You can find a bit more information about this for team-linked apps here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?