cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you’ve changed your email address, now's the perfect time to update it on your Dropbox account and we’re here to help! Learn more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with get_shared_link_metadata and scl links

Issue with get_shared_link_metadata and scl links

cantonfoshan
Explorer | Level 3

Until April 8, we were able to use this API method to get the direct URL link to our file inside a shared folder, but know suddenly it returns shared link not found for 'sh/' links and shared_link_access_denied for 'scl/' ones.

{
"error_summary": "shared_link_access_denied/...",
"error": {
".tag": "shared_link_access_denied"
}
}

https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/get_shared_link_metadata

{
"path": "/MyFolder/file.txt",
}

is anyone experimenting this problem?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @cantonfoshan,

I just checked and everything seems working as expected. Are you sure your code has enough access there? 🧐 Share enough steps, so the issue becomes reproducible (code snippets if possible). Describe the link generation and its usage leading to the result described.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

Hi @cantonfoshan,

I just checked and everything seems working as expected. Are you sure your code has enough access there? 🧐 Share enough steps, so the issue becomes reproducible (code snippets if possible). Describe the link generation and its usage leading to the result described.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@cantonfoshan As Здравко noted, this seems to be working, so additional details would be helpful.

I see you did also open a support ticket with some details for this though, so we'll look into it and follow up with you there.

cantonfoshan
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, it turns out i was using a wrong path and that is why i got the not found and access denied error.

Thank you for your help.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

cantonfoshan Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
What do Dropbox user levels mean?