cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API and use Zapier to upload in youtube

Dropbox API and use Zapier to upload in youtube

Kasunknb
New member | Level 2

I use zapier to upload the dropbox videos directly to the youtube automatically.
I use dropbox api and use http request to upload video from mobile/web. I want to get the uploaded youtube video URL in the response of video uploading. Is there a way to get the uploaded youtube link in to the backend?

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox API itself doesn't offer anything like this unfortunately. (It doesn't know about your Zapier integration when you're just uploading to Dropbox via the Dropbox API.) 

Kasunknb
New member | Level 2
So, is there any way to get the link dynamically in program? Any logic?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Since Zapier, and not Dropbox, does the actual upload to YouTube, Dropbox doesn't have access to the YouTube URL. You may be able to write or configure something to get it from Zapier, but we can't offer support for Zapier as it's not made by Dropbox.

JCalderone
New member | Level 2

I was looking for something else, but I'll just mention that I have a zap where any time a new video comes on to a specific channel, that is the zap trigger.  So the zap is triggered by a new video and then it adds info from that video to AirTable (you can use anything though, but I recommend a spreadsheet app).  One of the options for adding info from the new upload is the URL.

Simply put it would be another zap:  Trigger = New video uploaded to channel > Result = Info from that new video added to a spreadsheet.  

You can add to a spreadsheet at least: Title, Description, Watch URL, Length

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

JCalderone New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Kasunknb New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?