cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know what we learned at IBC? Check out our learnings on media, remote working and more right here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Automating "Online Storage" on Dropbox

Automating "Online Storage" on Dropbox

Gregoryen
Helpful | Level 5

Hello everyone,

I work in video editing and regularly accumulate several large videos that I need to store on Dropbox.

Currently, I do this manually, either by right-clicking on the folder to select “store online” or by using the Dropbox icon in the menu bar on Finder to perform the same action. This can become tedious.

I would like to create a Python script that connects to the Dropbox API and runs automatically every hour. This script would simulate the “store online” action, allowing me to free up space on my computer without manual intervention.

If anyone has experience with the Dropbox API or advice on creating such a script, I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thank you in advance!

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately Dropbox doesn't offer an interface for programmatically managing this setting, such as to set a file to "online" or "offline", but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be offered though.

Need more support?