cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Musicians, convert your MuseScore files to PDF to play music on the go! Learn more here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API upload speed is very slow

API upload speed is very slow

johnvu93
Explorer | Level 4

Hello everyone,

I have chosen Dropbox as my storage server and I am developing a system to upload images from my website to Dropbox.

I have some questions that I would like to seek your help on. Here is what I received from my developer.

*** Issue: We are having trouble with the speed of uploading images through the API from our system.

- Platform: PHP Laravel - Mechanism: Using 2 methods, uploadStream and uploadSession

- Process: When the user selects a file to upload, the system will directly send it to Dropbox using the above 2 mechanisms

->>> My developer has tried many ways but could not improve the upload speed. Can you advise me on this issue?

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The connection speed any particular client sees to the Dropbox API servers will depend on a number of different factors, such as their network connection/ISP, network conditions and routing, etc. These are not things Dropbox itself can control, and may vary over time.

There are some potential optimizations the developer can make to the app's code though. We offer the Performance Guide which covers these, so I recommend your developer review that and implement anything relevant for the app's use case.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?