cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to know more about how you can find anything and protect everything? Check it out here.

Discuss Dropbox Developer & API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API java generate source yields error from stone

API java generate source yields error from stone

jnlcd
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I've read about how to build source in java from: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-API-Support-Feedback/API-V2-Java-missing-source-files/m-p/22...

However I follow the steps and it looks like the stone usage from within the build is not running properly.

My log from gitbash:

jan.lacdao@Jan-Lacdao MINGW64 ~/Downloads/dbox/dropbox-sdk-java (master)
$ ./gradlew build
Starting a Gradle Daemon, 1 incompatible and 1 stopped Daemons could not be reused, use --status for details

> Configure project :
Set JDK6_HOME environment to disable boot classpath warnings.

> Task :generateStone FAILED
C:\Users\jan.lacdao\Downloads\dbox\dropbox-sdk-java\stone\stone\cli.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the imp module is deprecated in favour of importlib; see the module's documentation for alternative uses
  import imp
error: Specification 'C:\Users\jan.lacdao\Downloads\dbox\dropbox-sdk-java\build\generated\source\stone\main\src' must have a .stone extension.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:
Script 'C:\Users\jan.lacdao\Downloads\dbox\dropbox-sdk-java\stone.gradle' line: 78

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':generateStone'.
> Process 'command 'python'' finished with non-zero exit value 1

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 7.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See https://docs.gradle.org/6.3/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

BUILD FAILED in 8s
1 actionable task: 1 executed

Anyone can help here? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Have you made any changes to the Java SDK project? If so, can you let me know what?

Also, for reference, if you don't need to make changes we recommend that you don't build from source. If you don't need to make changes it's much easier to use one of the pre-built releases, e.g., via Maven or Gradle as documented here.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Have you made any changes to the Java SDK project? If so, can you let me know what?

Also, for reference, if you don't need to make changes we recommend that you don't build from source. If you don't need to make changes it's much easier to use one of the pre-built releases, e.g., via Maven or Gradle as documented here.

jnlcd
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the prompt response. I haven't been maintaining much of our code but it seems that the previous maintainer was adding custom logging upon each retry from the v2 client classes and perhaps adding another class to inherit might be the better approach.

Regardless I think I am good with my setup now and I am good to close this ticket.

Regards,

Jan

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jnlcd Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?